Sr Accountant Asian Pacific Latin America (apla)
About the Job
Today, the opportunities for growth across NIKE, Inc.'s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
APLA Controlling is a talented, results-oriented, and diverse team that thrives on moving our territories and geography forward to continue to drive Nike's exciting future. We create value through strong cross-functional partnerships, holistic subject-matter expertise, and timely and accurate financial statements, to enable NIKE's next phenomenal era of transformational growth.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We're looking for a Senior Accountant to join our APLA HQ SG&A Accounting team!
As the Senior Accountant, APLA HQ SG&A, you will be responsible for the end-to- end accounting for SG&A spend. You'll actively collaborate cross-functionally to drive process excellence and financial statement accuracy. You will also be responsible for executing monthly close processes, as well key SOX controls and financial statement reporting requirements. You'll assist with the design, implementation and support of sustainable controlling processes to enable NIKE, Inc.'s ongoing growth and complexity and to solve SG&A related challenges. Your ability to operate in a very dynamic environment and work effectively with a variety of partners will be crucial.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
In this role your key responsibilities would include:
- Execute accounting processes and maintain effective internal controls around the tracking and accounting for SG&A related spend in accordance with US GAAP and NIKE Accounting Policy;
- Prepare month-end close deliverables, and provide financial reporting support and analysis;
- Actively participate in the review of monthly, quarterly and annual operational results; continuously add value and be seen as a credible and trusted business partner and process specialist;
- Support NIKE's Internal and External Auditors for walkthroughs and controls testing;
- Be part of the larger APLA Controlling Organization by embracing standard methodologies and driving process excellence, including LEAN initiatives over existing processes.
You'll need to curate deep business partnerships with APLA Brand Marketing, Sports Marketing, Real Estate/Construction, Nike Direct, and Financial Planning & Analysis and Global SI+SGA teams, and work through a virtual team across the six international territories comprising APLA.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING?
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field, preferably with an emphasis in Finance, Economics, Business, Risk Management or equivalent.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate status, issues, and risks with senior leadership
- Strong ability to handle and effectively prioritize numerous and competing priorities and requests
- Strong ability to seek information and problem solve
- Standout "can do" attitude and enthusiasm to drive and innovate process
- Strong critical thinking skills in order to identify issues and accounting impacts outside of standard process
- Proficiency with SAP ERP, Tableau, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and SharePoint systems are strongly preferred
- Strong enthusiasm and passion for the NIKE brand!