Software Eng II- Product Copy Writing
About the Job
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Who we are We value and cultivate our culture by seeking to always be collaborative, intellectually curious, fun, open, and diverse. Come work with us!
Who we are looking for We seek a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will develop robust advanced analytics and machine learning solutions that have a direct impact on the business. You should have experience in Java 11; a strong background in algorithms and data structures; hands-on AWS experience; as well as experience in database technology (e.g. DynamoDB, Redis). You should also have a proven history of personal leadership and contributions to team value delivery and thrive in working in a product model using Scrum.
What you will work on If this is you, you'll be working with the Product Copy Writing team at Nike. You'll be designing and implementing scalable applications that use state of the art learning models for automating natural language text generation which result in immense business impact. You'll also contribute to core advanced machine learning capabilities and tools to enable scaled authoring of product copy. You thrive when surrounded by hard working colleagues and aim to never stop learning. We are looking for candidates who enjoy a collaborative and innovative environment where we develop and share new skills, mentor, and drive to deliver knowledge and software back to the engineering community.
Who you will work with In this role, you'll be working closely with the rest of our content publishing team, along with Commercial and Consumer Analytics, Enterprise Architecture, and Solution Architecture. This role reports to a Manager of Engineering on the Product Copy Writing team.
What you bring to Nike
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in software engineering, data engineering, machine learning, or related field
- Strong problem solving and analytical mindset
- Proven ability to write robust, maintainable, and extendable code in Java and Python
- Experience with cloud architecture and technologies, in particular Amazon Web Services
- Experience applying machine learning methods in settings like recommender systems, search, user modeling, image recognition, graph representation learning, or natural language processing
- Experience with technologies like Springboot, MySQL, JUnit, Mockito, Hibernate, DynamoDB,
- Experience with agile development and test driven development
- Proven understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- Effective communication skills (with team members, the business, and in code)