Principal Business Architect Planning
About the Job
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
The Business Architecture team will partner and engage with business and technology leaders across all the business functions within the enterprise in planning, crafting, and maintaining a capability model that is aligned to the overall company and functional strategies to ensure that the people, process, data insights/information, and technology opportunities are accurately captured and planned for short, medium and long-term execution.
As a Principal Business Architect, we are a strategic team passionate about aligning strategic objectives with tactical demands. You will deliver a blueprint of the enterprise that provides a common understanding of the capabilities required to run the business.
This role will engage, collaborate and partner with various functional business leaders, technical leaders and executive partners to understand long and short-term business strategies, assess current & target capability maturity as input into prioritization and investment decisions, provide thought leadership and engage in proactive business capability planning to enable our strategic business priorities, intended business outcomes and values. We will be responsible for continuing to establish the practice of Business Architecture within Nike and will bring broad experiences in driving quality & consistency across business architecture methodology and deliverables enterprise wide.
- Drives and facilitates the right discussions with business leaders to identify business capabilities in relation to current and future business objectives
- Build and maintain business capability, data, process and technology inventories. Work with multiple capability and functional teams to gather and document the structure of Nike's business and technology landscape.
- Lead, build, manage, enhance business capability model along maturity / optimization framework to drive enablement of the longer-term roadmap
- Partner in the strategic planning process by providing input to the scope definition of critical initiatives using capabilities, crafting capability heatmaps to provide visibility to impacts, dependencies, overlaps and opportunities. Key Deliverables include (but not limited to): Capability Model, Capability Heatmaps, Capability Maturity Assessments, Capability Impact Assessments, Capability Health Assessments & Capability Roadmaps
- Works closely with Domain & Solution architects to deliver business architecture outputs needed for End to End Architecture & Solution Architecture deliverables
- Presents recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely and is able to focus on key points to portray the intended message or purpose
- Advocate and drive adoption of "best practices" to ensure standardization of business architecture outputs across the enterprise
- Takes an active role in enterprise portfolio investment strategies by assessing and rationalizing proposed enterprise capabilities
- Business thinking and highly strategic in order to provide practical recommendations that align with corporate strategy
- Effectively manage priorities, deliverables and timelines
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Business or a related field
- 5+ years' experience preferred in performing the responsibilities of business architecture, strategic planning, capability planning/management, product management or similar experiences; overall 8-10 years of professional experience preferred
- Prior experience or knowledge preferred in any of the following Planning areas: Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Inventory Planning, Assortment Planning
- Large enterprise experience preferred
- Demonstrated track record of leading within sophisticated organizations requiring strong influence leadership skills - ability to work cooperatively at all levels in matrix environment
- Strong facilitation skills and experience in managing senior partner relationship, partnership and interactions
- Outstanding collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate strategic business strategy, capability and architecture conversations with all partners (management, business users, and technology resources)
- Self-starter with high motivation and passion who thrives in an ever-changing, fast-paced business environment with the ability to adapt to change
- Strong leadership, confidence, and influencing skills. High level of executive presence.
- Strong understanding of Agile driven development, Product model & bias towards action