Nbhd + Snkrs Merch Dir, Global Product Merch, Men'
About the Job
The first spark of a product idea sets the NIKE, Inc. Product team into motion. The team of developers, testers, engineers, designers and managers obsess over Nike's iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products' construction, fit and materials. They maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. They skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.
Who we are looking for We are looking for a Merchandising Director to join our team located in Beaverton, Oregon.
This individual will have a consistent track record of connecting their deep knowledge of consumer and marketplace to product strategies that drive business goals and financial targets. Seeing beyond trends to identify what's next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price. Having created strategies across footwear to achieve positive brand engagement and consumer connection.
We're looking for a strong teammate and a relationship builder. Someone with extensive experience and successful influencing, facilitating and presenting ideas and solutions with diverse groups at all levels!
What you will work on If this is you, you'll be working on the Global Footwear Merchandising team in Men's Lifestyle to bring the seasonal product vision to life from digital to physical:
- Be a specialist in consumer needs, marketplace capacity and Nike product strategies
- Immerse in and maximize marketplace data, consumer insights and retail results to create consumer right assortments and high-heat launch plans
- Manage the creation of modular-based product frameworks to execute the global strategy and deliver financial goals
- Execute seasonal strategies related to Brand initiatives and key launches
What you bring We are enthusiastic to add a Director of Footwear Merchandising to our team. Although what you have accomplished professionally is of great importance, how you authentically show up as a teammate will be equally prioritized.
- The thought of waking each day to conceive of new and better ways to strengthen the connection between the Nike Brand and consumer fuels your creativity and passion
- Colleagues say you have a strong desire to understand consumer, marketplace and trends
- You are described as a genuine relationship-builder and strong communicator. Your go-to strategy is to meet teammates where they are at and take them forward with you. This is evidenced by your success working across diverse teams, and at all levels, to get consensus for your ideas and strategic plans
- 7+ years of experience in merchandising or sales for footwear or apparel products
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or Merchandising
- Will travel 15% or less