Marketplace Operations Mgr - Stores
About the Job
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an Operations Manager within the Asia Pacific & Latin America (APLA) Nike Direct Marketplace Operations (MPO) team. The role reports into the APLA Nike Direct MPO Director and is focused on strategic and executional readiness and performance management - developing plans with cross-functional working teams across APLA in Geography and Territories, focused on strategic capabilities, services and omnichannel fulfillment execution across our marketplaces from a supply chain and operations standpoint. These capabilities and services are centered around how we serve consumers through both our stores and digital channels. We are seeking an individual who:
- Has excellent communication and influencing skills
- Proactively solves problems & seeks ways to improve processes
- Drives effective decision making across the supply chain in a matrix environment
- Can effectively translate between commercial and operational audiences.
The candidate needs to have a consumer and retail approach, understanding the connection back to the supply chain, while developing plans/strategies for supply chain service to stores in conjunction with omni-channel capabilities across the Nike marketplace.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
In this role you will be working on ensuring that the APLA Supply Chain is set up for success to deliver premium Store Athlete and Consumer services and experiences - supporting the Omni-Channel marketplace through lens of Nike Direct Stores. Defining requirements and metrics for how success is measured across the Nike Direct portfolio and specifically seeking out opportunities for improvement in our service to stores in diverse marketplaces. You will support strategy development and deployment of new capabilities and services while driving alignment and optimization across various teams. Driving and influencing decisions are also key activities you will be responsible for to be successful in the role.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will work primarily with the GEO and Territory MPO teams on strategy prioritization, development and deployment as well as the successful execution and delivery of the Store Athlete and Consumer service experiences in support of the One Marketplace targets - this will include Global MPO partners to support strategic alignment, execution and performance management.
You will connect with Nike Direct Stores, the One Marketplace, and Digital teams to understand the strategy, requirements and plans for the marketplace. You will work with Planning partners to determine demand for these Market Place Units and co-ordinate with the Territory leads and their Distribution centers, logistics, and transportation partners to secure capabilities, services and capacity, as well as other marketplace partners to determine any potential trade-offs. Together with the Supply Chain Innovation team, PMO and Tech teams you will determine which new fulfillment capabilities, services, Store Athlete and Consumer experiences can be brought to life for the marketplace. During the performance of the role you will work closely with all execution teams to ensure a successful execution.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain or related field and minimum of 5+ years of industry experience in supply chain operations or omni channel fulfillment.
- Progressive process and operational responsibility in Supply Chain, Project Management, and Process Improvement.
- Experience building and leading effective teams, influencing others and communicating effectively cross functionally and for all levels of the organization
- Advanced supply chain knowledge, Omni-channel thinking & Retail Acumen, Store Operations, Digital fulfillment, Online to Offline (O2O)
- Experience leading Performance Management and fulfillment metrics with meaningful insights.
- Data & analytics acumen
- Strategic planning/forecasting and systems thinking is a plus