Lifestyle Footwear Designer II- Innovation
About the Job
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what's next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
As our Lifestyle Footwear Designer II - Nike Innovation (NXT), you'll produce innovative footwear designs and build a line from concept to reality under the direction of our Design Director and Senior Footwear Designer. You'll collaborate with Design and Category management teams to build innovative product designs that appeal to targeted consumers and advance Nike's design image and product performance. You'll also proactively follow the execution of all product details, including construction, color, material, form, style, fit, performance and cost/value requirements; produce and present materials that optimally communicate the category consumers, product concepts and creative strategy to internal and external audiences; and actively seek experienced input to develop appropriate designs with regard to cost/value, fit and performance, manufacturability, sustainability, merchandising and aesthetic finish.
This opportunity also involves crafting new practices, processes and design applications to increase product value and performance. In addition, you'll utilize your knowledge of category-specific consumers to improve product performance and appearance, and proactively work with Design management and our Senior Designers to advance and build a personal portfolio of design skills, experiences and product and process knowledge. You will need to have the ability to observe and identify consumer opportunities, and then amplify these opportunities through strong cultural narratives and 3D/visual communication to build an emotional connection for the consumer, in a provocative and compelling fashion.
- Positive personality, collaborator, good listener
- Passion for design, culture and performance perfection
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design or a related field
- 5-7 years' experience designing and developing innovative footwear products
- Knowledge of color, materials, human factors and form, related to elevating the consumer's experience.
- Ability to translate consumer knowledge/insights to narratives and product solutions.
- Previous footwear design experience preferred
- PhotoShop and Illustrator skills
- 3D design program skills such Gravity Sketch and Keyshot are a plus
- Experience building prototypes for testing is a plus
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials are ideal.