Global Social Media Manager
About the Job
NIKE, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike's stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
Behind our marketing and communication is a force of creative experts, digital strategists and brand stewards telling stories of elite and everyday athletes, product innovation and sport moments across a range of channels from our retail stores to our service-based apps. Social media is of particular importance to our marketing mix and often a primary lever to utilize when connecting with the hearts and minds of athletes* around the world!
As the paradigm of brands on social media becomes increasingly complex, Nike Global Social Media is responsible for building and deepening the comprehension of the space for the entire organization. This is done by partnering, sourcing and disseminating a variety of industry and platform-specific information to anyone participating or influencing the end-to-end spectrum of content creation and distribution. Additionally, Nike Global Social Media is responsible for the planning, programming and publishing of all global-level channels. As such, marrying the above information with category objectives and audiences is integral to the development and output of efficient and effective briefs and brand behavior.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Global Social Manager for @NIKE plays a critical role in leading the social strategy and creating connected experiences that engage audiences across key platforms. This position will synthesize information from external partners and across the organization to deliver clear, measurable strategies that demonstrate Nike's leadership in social media.
The ideal candidate will be exposed to senior leaders within Global Brand Marketing and throughout Brand Management, Digital Commerce, Membership and One Creative. As a member of this team, you understand technology and the role of our direct to consumer channels, and you are always ready to be a thought partner, a digital evangelist and consumer advocate. You obsess the latest trends in mobile, social media and digital and are able to overlay consumer need to create industry leading solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you will be working with Consumer Direct Marketing, Global Brand Management and One Creative to shape all the experiences that live within social media. You are responsible for the channel strategy, the brief to creative, and supervising the final stage of implementation and publishing.
A typical day/week looks like
- Partner cross-functionally and with Geo's to communicate social channel priorities
- Partner across NDDC and Merchandising to implement social commerce capabilities and integrate into the overarching social strategy
- Partner with Integrated Media and Geo partners to set budget priorities for powering social channels
- Write and refine creative briefs to ensure platform-right, channel-right content is briefed and delivered by creative
- Attend Creative Review to share concepts for your respective channels
- Partner with insights and platform strategy teams to set learning agenda and incorporate findings into real-time improvements for social plans
- Manage and facilitate sport and athlete moments
- Meet with agency partners and Consumer Services on Social ROS
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
In this role, you will sit in the Consumer Direct Marketing team, reporting to the Director of Global Category Social. You will manage a social specialist and an agency partner for programming and publishing needs and collaborate with the measurement team to review metrics and insights. You will partner closely with Brand Management teams across Performance and Lifestyle categories and you will handle the briefs that go to One Creative.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 5+ years of strategy experience working on a social team or at a social agency
- Experience working on social activations for large campaigns
- Experience in managing up, across, and downstream with peers and partners
- Experience working with creative teams on digital and social platforms (examples of projects encouraged)
- Interest in working with athletes / influencers / celebrities
- Comfortable in managing a constantly evolving platform landscape while providing clear POV's and willingness to align / educate / compromise with internal partners
- Early adopter and problem solver for digital platforms (Comfortable trying new tools and adapting to process improvements)
- Experience working and managing teams within Sprinklr, AirTable, Asana (or other)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including meeting facilitation