Dir Apparel Materials Innovation
About the Job
Innovation is oxygen for NIKE, Inc., and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As the Director of Apparel Material Innovation, you will lead and drive the execution of material platform technologies for successful integration into the Nike apparel business. You will build positive relationships with material innovation suppliers and the Nike global materials team to ensure transitions into the business. This person will be accountable for ensuring that your technical strategies deliver on Nike's innovation and business goals for materials.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
We will partner with the Global materials team to commercialize, seed and scale material technology platforms. We collaborate with new material Innovation suppliers and Nike material organizations to create tools and strategies for successful launch and scale of material innovation technologies. You will create and deliver the right tools and processes that seamlessly integrate NXT material technologies into the current Nike material eco-system. We will lead and drive new approaches for rapid material development, material planning and production between raw material suppliers, textile vendors and garments factories. You will coach, mentor and manage people on the material innovation team to further expand their innovation skills and capabilities!
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
As a key materials lead for Material Innovation transition, you will be working with members from NXT Apparel, Global design, Global apparel materials, material sourcing and manufacturing, global material planning, product creation centers and sustainable sourcing and manufacturing partners
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Textile Engineering, Textile Science, Textile Design or related field
- Minimum 10 years' apparel material development experience, ideally in the space of active-wear business.
- Advance knowledge of the material development process from concept through production, including but not limited to material testing, material costing, material sourcing, material buy ready impacts.
- Strong collaboration skills among a diverse talent project team
- Ability to lead functional teams or large, multi-functional projects
- Ability to work with vendors to ensure execution and manufacturability
- Ability to interpret concept ideas and offer solutions
- Effective in verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel 10-20% includes International travel