Data Analytics Manager
About the Job
At Nike we are always on the offense, and we are looking for hardworking self-starters with a passion for data and analytics to join our growing team. We are responsible for using predictive and prescriptive analytics to improve decision making and drive to action against our strategic priorities, elevating the function of analytics within Nike.
Nike's Supply Chain team ensures that every year 1.3 billion pieces of footwear, apparel, and equipment arrive at the right destination on time. That's no easy task! Our sophisticated process involves more than 70 distribution centers, a network of thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores around the world. Supply Chain analytics professionals constantly push for ways to make our supply chain faster, more efficient and more responsive to Nike's always-changing consumer needs.
As a Data & Analytics Manager, you will play a lead role on a team of cross-functional partners and analytics professionals to identify, scope, suggest new opportunities, and execute high-impact analytics projects.
Who we are looking for We are looking for a Data Analytics Manager to join the Global Operations & Logistics Advanced Analytics team within Commercial Analytics. This role will be part of a multi-functional agile squad responsible for using predictive analytics and optimization to enhance decision making across our global supply chain.
The candidate needs to be a dependable teammate and a self-motivated data evangelist. You are unconventionally curious, especially about how data can be used to optimize the movement of Nike's inventory. You enjoy finding relationships between disparate data sets and clarity in a muddied data environment. You are highly proficient in SQL, competent in a variety of scripting languages, well-versed in automation techniques and at home in a cloud based big data environment. You have a healthy degree of skepticism and the ability to speak data truth to power. You also know how to rise above the numbers and explain the essential insights to business users, and you instinctively minimize complexity to focus on results. While you rely on data to prove your point, you love to think in an unexpected way and solve problems creatively. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and you are excited by the challenge of building something from the ground up. You ask good questions, are continually learning as well as finding opportunities to share knowledge with others.
What you will work on If this is you, you will be part of an Advanced Analytics squad that delivers scalable models to power supply chain optimization and enable critical investment decisions at Nike. You will work side by side with our product managers, data scientists and engineers, and in close partnership with other business intelligence and data product teams. Additionally, you will:
- Identify and apply appropriate methods to acquire, explore, cleanse, and fuse data from different sources.
- Take initiative and deploy quantitative research to identify, explore, fix and solve problems related to data coverage and quality.
- Coordinate with multi-functional partners and manage analytics products with multiple business partners on established deadlines
- Participate in the development of new algorithms and enhancement of existing approaches based on optimization, statistical/econometric methods, machine learning techniques and big data solutions to enhance various supply chain decisions.
- Communicate systems/analytics changes to the business, translating complex functionality into business relevant language.
- Collaborate with key partners to understand requirements, drive knowledge into action and support data driven decision making
Qualifications Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or other related fields.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on building data and analytical products. Supply chain/Logistics or Retail industry experience preferred.
- Expert data wrangling and SQL skills.
- Demonstrable ability to sift through data, perform statistical analysis, identify critical information, and develop solution options.
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews and data issue triage.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and seamlessly collaborate with data science and engineering partners.
- Strong project management capabilities to manage multiple project streams and complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process oriented way.
- Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles.
- Experience with Git and Amazon Web Services strongly preferred.
- Strong presentation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Tableau, as well as data analysis/visualization packages in R or Python is a plus.