Analytics Insights Mgr, Global Sourcing & Manufact
About the Job
Nike's Commercial Analytics team focuses on the performance of all stages of the supply chain and the marketplace across all channels and categories, supporting a wide array of partners by delivering insights, driving the creation of automated, self-service reporting, and using advanced analytics to find opportunities to impact the business through optimization, testing, and forecasting.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR We are looking for someone who has a strong business sense with an in-depth knowledge of supply chain, sourcing and manufacturing, materials, sustainability, and/or costing management. The candidate needs to be highly analytical and have extensive technical and project management experience. Must be a self-starter, flexible problem solver, and outstanding communicator who is comfortable learning quickly and connecting the dots between disparate methodologies. You will need those skills as you work across multiple functions and geographies within Nike's matrixed organization. Success will depend on your ability to quickly form both professional and personal relationships with colleagues and drive to meticulous, significant, user-friendly results!
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH As Analytics Insights Manager - GSM, you will be delivering analytically driven insights to optimize Nike's Global Sourcing and Manufacturing organization. The role will partner closely with peers who are leading advanced analytics and data product delivery teams to ensure that requirements from key partners are being translated to analytical capabilities, but also advising and helping prioritize the roadmaps of those delivery teams. You will apply various data modeling, visualization and analysis techniques to mine data to identify trends that suggest new opportunities. You will serve as an evangelist for the power of predictive and prescriptive analysis. You will think broadly and creatively about the role of analytics at Nike and how your work can inspire the broader organization.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Design innovative and effective solutions to unique or complex Nike challenges and opportunities in support of targeted operational and business priorities and objectives
- Design and build innovative data and analytics solutions, visuals, metrics and KPIs to support key decisions across multiple global sourcing and manufacturing functions (materials, sustainable manufacturing, sourcing, manufacturing, costing management, etc.)
- Deploy descriptive, predictive, and/or prescriptive models that help Nike optimize the manufacturing network through data insights
- Work with key partners in advanced analytics and data products and reporting to understand requirements and improve opportunities to drive knowledge into action
- Be a thought partner and key collaborator to stakeholder and partner teams to frame and translate business questions into analytically driven products
- Lead cross functional teams and/or projects
- Work independently and take initiative to identify, explore and solve problems
- Build new standard methodologies and processes as needed to address internal/external business challenges and opportunities
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Advanced quantitative degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Decision Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Applied Math, Econometrics, Behavioral Science, Computer Science (or other quantitative field) a plus
- 4+ years in business insights, analytics, data products & reporting, and/or advanced analytics supporting a supply chain function via descriptive, predictive or prescriptive models
- Preferred experience includes collecting, analyzing and visualizing data, and driving insights to understand, shape and optimize business outcomes, and influence decision making
- Preferred experience includes tracking, managing and optimizing critical supply chain metrics and KPIs related to materials, sustainability, sourcing and manufacturing, and costing management
- History of analytical team collaboration and developing collaborative business partner relationships
- Skilled communicator who can express complex concepts and ideas in a simple manner (written, presentation and verbal)
- Experience leading multiple projects and partners in a fast paced, results-driven business environment
- Experience with agile & product management development methodologies preferred
- Proficiency in SQL or similar experience in analyzing large structured and unstructured datasets is preferred
- Experience with moderate to large-scale data sets is a plus
- Experience working with Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data Visualization tools, e.g. Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects, Power BI, or similar is preferred
- Experience working with data exploration and analytical packages (such as Python, R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.) is a plus
- Experience in applying advanced analytics models to advise or optimize end-to-end supply chain networks is a plus
- Understanding of data sources, research methods and applied operations research methodologies including optimization algorithms, and simulation modeling, and statistical analyses such as sampling approaches, causal modeling, time series analysis, and data mining techniques is a plus