Radiology Tech - Ambulatory Care Center (full time, days) - Hialeah, FL
Nicklaus Children's Health System Miami, FL
About the Job
Utilizes medical imaging equipment to produce diagnostic quality radiographs through the use of ionizing radiation. Responsible for following all departmental Radiation Safety and ALARA policies as well as state and federal regulations to ensure low-dose imaging is an integral part of practice. Operate
s portable and stationary x-ray equipment and prepares examination rooms, equipment, supplies, and medications. Provides for patient comfort and safety during examinations.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- General x-ray license from the State of Florida – must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS – must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
Job Specific Duties:
- Demonstrates knowledge of radiation safety by utilizing dose reduction techniques such as: minimize time, maximize distance, and use shielding to optimize patient dose.
- Documents time for Fluoro cases, KVp, and mAS for X-rays in Cerner upon closing the exam.
- Adjusts equipment, determines proper technique, and arranges immobilization and support devices to obtain correct patient position.
- Communicates effectively with hospital employees, physicians, patients, and families.
- Follows hospital patient-identification policy prior to performing examination. Utilizes two patient identifiers to ensure accuracy as per policy.
- Enters and transmits patient information into PACS for interpretation/reading immediately following completion of examination.
- Observes radiation safety practices at all times and adheres to all clean sweep guidelines and infection control standards per policy.
- Prepares patient for examination, explains procedures, transfers patient to table, positions patients, and assists patient at end of procedure.
- Performs portable examinations in the operating room, emergency department, and in-patient rooms. Demonstrates knowledge of C-arm operations.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the equipment, monitoring inventory, and stocking scan room.
- Performs QA, completes exam, enters and transmits patient information into PACS in a timely manner.
- Problem solves issues with equipment and reports equipment problems/malfunctions to clinical engineering or supervisor on an as needed basis.
- Maintains accountability by ensuring compliance thru timely completion of licensures, certifications, all competencies, health requirements (PPD, N95, Flu, etc.), and education requirements.
- Maintains accountability and timekeeping expectations as outlined by MCHS Timekeeping and Attendance policy and procedures. Ensures behavior is compliant with communication standards.
- Ensures behavior meets and/or exceeds targeted service scores as measured by the Service Index and/or the internal departmental service survey.
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT) – in good standing throughout employment highly preferred.
- Graduate of AMA Accredited School of Radiology Technology preferred.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families, and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to problem solve and adapt standard clinical procedures to the individual client's need.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions.
- Ability to work as a team member.