About the Job
Product Manager Job Details
You are the connective tissue for you r product and the organization . Each product manager on our team is partnered with a designer, agile coach, technical lead , engineers and stakeholders to develop products that win for the user and the business.
This is a unique opportunity to work on products that shape the college recruiting process. 75% of college programs use the software in our suite of products. We are building the future college recruiting software and transitioning our substantial userbase to those new offerings.
Connecting college coaches and prospects is the core of our mission. Giving coaches the tools and information, they need to find the right fit student-athletes is one side of the important mission.
Why does this role exist?
This product manager role is going to come in and help our team navigate through a consolidation of our multiple brands and products for college coaches. The role will transition over time from managing multiple similar products to an empowered product manager, owning the outcomes for key parts of the larger coach platform.
What outcomes are they responsible for?
There are three key areas we need this role to deliver outcomes. First, helping us navigate the consolidation of multiple products and user bases to a single platform. Facilitating the discovery and research needed to develop the future coach platform. Migrating users to the new platform and delivering value.
In the beginning of this role, your roadmap will be full of several high integrity commitments . We have a portfolio of coach products that we need to maintain through the rest of this year. As we consolidate the number of products we are supporting, your role will transition into owning core pieces of the larger coach product.
Bruce Lee said "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." What does that mean for this role? We aren't looking for a PM with experience across all aspects of product, but instead someone who is particularly skilled in the areas below.
- Agile and Lean development methodologies
- Product Validation : Is the work feasible , viable and desirable?
- User i nterviews
- Road mapping
- Portfolio management
- Budgeting and financial forecasts
- P rioritization
- S tory writ ing and acceptance criteria
Here are a few of the technical skills less important to this role
- Usability testing
- Vision and Strategy statements
You are managing stakeholder relationships across several product lines. Here are some qualities we are looking for in this role:
- Active Listening
- Complex problem solver
- Effective communicator
- Organizational awareness
- Positive outlook
- Team oriented
What we don't do is as important as what we do and, in that spirit, here are qualities that aren't as important for this role
- Coaching and mentoring
- 5+ years in product management for SaaS product
- Product experience within mergers and acquisitions a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Stay Healthy: Enroll in comprehensive benefits & insurance plans with no waiting period
- Be Well: Expense up to $65 per month for health & wellness
- Maximize Savings: Contribute to your 401k retirement savings with company matching
- Be Comfortable: Enjoy a relaxed casual dress code
- Give Back: Receive paid time off to volunteer in your community
- Take Time: Enjoy paid parental leave to bond with & care for a newborn or newly adopted child
- Stay Connected: Expense up to $350 towards the purchase of a laptop, tablet or computer
- PAWesome Perk: Enroll your furry friends in our Voluntary Pet Insurance Plan
ABOUT NEXT COLLEGE STUDENT ATHLETE (NCSA)
NCSA is the world's largest and most successful collegiate athletic recruiting network. A wholly owned subsidiary of Reigning Champs LLC (www.reigningchamps.com), NCSA's 750 teammates leverage exclusive data, proprietary matching algorithms and personal relationships built over nearly two decades as the industry leader to connect tens of thousands of college-bound student-athletes to more than 35,000 college coaches nationwide across 34 sports every year. You can learn more about NCSA at www.ncsasports.org.