Technical Logistics Asst
About the Job
These positions are project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 6 months unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are complete.
The Technical Logistics Assistant is responsible for supporting logistical operations related to the Tokyo Olympic Games. We are looking to hire individuals with various levels of experience from entry to experienced in the areas of logistics and production.
- Warehousing logistics and facility material handling, picking, packing and shipping, moving equipment pallets, boxes
- Support Technical Logistics department with asset tracking and control
- Assist with pulling and staging technical and non-technical equipment and production supply orders
- Assist with shipping and receiving mail, packages and freight. These activities may include loading/unloading trucks, material handling, and prepping/wrapping/strapping equipment for shipping
- Assist with inventorying by working on PC and scanning technical equipment
- Assist with security screening goods
- Assist with receiving supplies and tracking purchase orders
- Physically demanding position, must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Support all customers with a high level of service and support
- Additional responsibilities include breaking down boxes, trash removal, and assist with general housekeeping
- College Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a utility, gaffer, grip, production assistant or working in warehousing/logistics
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows
- Must be able to operate forklift or other MHE, training provided if necessary
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to work overtime and must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be willing to work in Monroe, CT and/or Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Knowledge of television equipment preferred
- Basic knowledge of broadcast or production logistics or related preferred
- Possess a high level of initiative, strong customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience working a prior Olympic Game or large-scale event requiring the movement of technical and production related equipment
- Prior experience/knowledge of material handling equipment including forklifts
- Must be a team player
- Must be detail and deadline oriented
- Must have a strong work ethic