Manager, Human Resources Group
About the Job
The role of HR Manager is an exciting opportunity to partner with NBC Sports Studios, Creative Production and the Golf Channel team in the full range of HR functions including staffing, performance management, compensation planning, succession planning, training and development, and employee communication. This role will also be responsible for partnering with the NBC Sports HR team to collaborate with cross-portfolio initiatives including managing our diversity practices and outreach agenda, learning & development programs along with employee engagement activities.
- Act as business partner and primary point of contact for the day-to-day questions/issues that arise from employees
- Provide interpretation of HR policies, practices and procedures to employees and managers
- Drive key HR initiatives across departments, including staffing, performance management, compensation planning, succession planning, training and development, rewards & recognition, organizational effectiveness and employee communication
- Coach and counsel employees and managers regarding employee and labor relations issues
- Work with managers to build a career path for employees, identifying opportunities for training, new skill acquisition, and advancement
- Manage all employment related queries, and ensure accuracy and timely responses/resolution
- Work with department leaders, and staff to establish and maintain a positive work environment which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities
- Collaborateonastrategicandtacticallevelwithoperatingleadersonavariety ofHumanResource andbusiness-relatedinitiatives tosupportbusinessgoals
- BA/BS in Human Resources or related field of study.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant HR generalist and/or HRM experience with an emphasis on employee and/or labor relations.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, Connecticut
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Previous experience with a represented workforce
- Solid employee-relations skillset; can earn trust and credibility with employees in assigned groups
- Strong business acumen, facilitation, conflict resolution and communication skills
- Must be a team player
- Project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results
- Open and easily approachable
- Working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations related to the Human Resource function (ADA, FMLA, FLSA, etc.)
- Proficient with Office & Windows programs, and HRIS systems
- Strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually, and in groups
- Demonstrated coaching/mentoring/leadership skills; change agent; results orientation; high energy; comfortable handling multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Must have ability to execute both strategic and tactical priorities.