NBC Sports Group Bethesda, MD
About the Job
The Director is responsible for calling all video, audio, and graphic cues during live production in a manual control room environment primarily for pre/postgame shows and REMI-style game productions. May direct/TD shows as needed.
- Responsible for the technical aspects of the control room, sets, and crew
- Works with the Producer and technical crew to execute the vision of the show.
- Finds creative ways to keep the shows dynamic and exciting.
- Works closely with the Engineering and Operations department to understand the technical needs of the shows to include remote feeds and assignments for control rooms and sets.
- Adjusts rundowns as needed to add technical information.
- Works closely with the technical director to ensure all switcher effects, transitions, wipes, boxes, and loops are in good working order.
- Places cameras in position for most advantageous shots of talent and sets.
- Ensures correct feeds are going to set monitors, background monitors, and touch screen monitors.
- Maintains quality control over camera framing, camera iris, and lighting.
- Understands the basic functionality of all control room systems.
- Holds constructive conversations about the show with Producer, Management, Talent, and Crew
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Director on live productions in a manual control room
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Bethesda, MD
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Proficient in directing live studio productions in a manual control room (no automation) for live sports events, pre/postgame shows, or sports-related program
- Experience as a technical director, particularly on Sony switchers (9000 and 6530)
- Understanding of "spotbox-style" device for switcher effects, loops, stills, and wipes
- Working knowledge of Tricaster switcher
- Proficient in INEWS or similar newsroom management system
- Working knowledge of DC-Area sports teams and/or a fan of sports in general
- Team player with excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks