Dev Ops Engineer II
About the Job
GolfNow/NBC Sports Digital are seeking to hire a DevOps Engineer II. You'll be joining a dedicated, ambitious and diverse team who are focused on delivering operational excellence inside the NBC Sports/GolfNow organisation.
You will work collaboratively with Engineering, Quality, Product and Security teams to build, deploy and operate GolfNow Products across Domestic and International.
You will be responsible for automating and improving our build and deploy processes; monitoring and operations; public and private cloud infrastructure; troubleshooting and resolution across dev, test and production globally.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced engineer to be involved in the world's largest golf technology company backed by Comcast/NBCUniversal with the opportunity to make a difference.
- Operational Support and Maintenance
- Using APM and other tools you will monitor production systems; remediating production issues and implementing performance/cost improvements
- Identify capacity and performance issues to ensure we meet our SLAs
- Documentation of services and processes
- Participate in on-call schedule
- Design, implement and manage production grade services in Public clouds (AWS/GCP) using a variety of technologies, ensuring geographic redundancy, security and best practices
- Design and manage production grade services in Private clouds, liaising with internal Operations teams
- Install and manage web and backend services in a high throughput, multi-technology e-commerce environment
- Design and implement CI/CD processes and tooling
- Ensure "shift-left" is implemented in our build and deploy processes in collaboration with Security teams
- Ensure pre-production environments are built and managed
- Perform deployments of high throughput revenue generating applications
- Work with the DevOps team to champion new processes, tools and technologies in collaboration with Engineering
- Constantly striving to find a better way