Content Distribution Strategist
About the Job
At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
The Content Partnerships team manages relationships with the NBA's domestic content partners and platforms. The group oversees the distribution of NBA, WNBA, NBA G League and USA Basketball games and other basketball-related content nationwide. Candidate will play a key role in evaluating potential content partnerships and multi-disciplinary coordination across business lines to ensure the success of those partnerships. Responsibilities will include deal strategy, market intelligence, financial modeling and analysis, evaluation of current and proposed partnerships and a broad range of other strategic and financial analysis.
- Provide financial and quantitative analytical support to evaluate potential opportunities across the Content Partnerships team
- Lead fact-based modeling and valuation analyses to assist in the development of negotiating strategy
- Be a key contributor in structuring deals and participate in negotiations with potential partners
- Perform research and maintain market intelligence across diverse categories (e.g., other sports and entertainment media deals, industry trends and competitive landscape, etc.)
- Provide both ongoing and ad hoc data analyses with the goal of informing business decisions
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to a broad range of internal and external constituents
- Develop presentations and other supporting materials/analyses for Senior Management
- Passion for and knowledge of media landscape, content licensing models and sports content offerings
- Outstanding quantitative, financial, research, modeling and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance and basic accounting
- Teamwork skills and flexibility
- Experience working and multi-tasking in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (whether to senior management or external business partners)
- Self-starter who can work independently within set objectives
- Curiosity and drive to uncover root causes of unexpected outcomes
- Minimum 3 years investment banking, private equity, consulting firm or media corporate finance experience from top-tier company/firm(s)
- Strong facility and familiarity with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- BA/BS degree required
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Content Strategy, Distribution, Equity, Consulting, Corporate Finance, Marketing, Operations, Technology, Finance