Accounts Receivable Analyst
About the Job
At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
Position Summary: The Accounts Receivable Analyst is responsible for recording and disseminating information related to accounts receivable and cash payments. The Analyst will be involved in accounts reconciliation and various analyses. At times, they will be asked to call on delinquent accounts.
- Perform overall company-wide cash application by managing the download of cash from the bank websites and timely recording of the receipts
- Ensure that unidentified cash is kept at the minimum and proactively investigate for resolution
- Prepare periodic reporting packages (daily, weekly, monthly and yearly)
- Tracking payments and working with internal and external clients as needed based on A/R policies and procedures
- Identifying issues and assisting in improving the Accounts Receivable function, I.E. paying attention to details to identify trends with the cash files received from the bank for recurrent problems
- Reconcile and analyze A/R or other GL accounts
- Actively participate in the month end and year end close
- Perform various projects including assisting co-workers as needed
- 3+ years of experience in Cash and Accounts Receivables management
- Strong analytical, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work as a team player
- Proficiency in SAP and MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Comfortable taking initiative to understand and identify problems, and actively propose solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Accounts Receivable, ERP, Bank, Banking, SAP, Finance, Technology