About the Job
Job Title: Molding Technician
Now is an exciting time to join our Operations team, a team dedicated to ensuring our customers receive the products they need to achieve their scientific goals – quickly, reliably and safely. Our Petaluma, CA site is expanding and ramping up to support the fight against COVID-19. If you believe in working the right way for the right reason join our growing team today!
Location/Division Specific Information
This position is located at the Petaluma, CA location, 2200 S. McDowell Blvd, Petaluma, CA 94954
How will you make an impact?
Your ideas will bring new products to life as you collaborate with other design engineers, process development engineers and project leaders to develop plastic products for life science, medical device, laboratory, diagnostic and consumer product markets. Make an impact for your career, our customers and the world with this exciting opportunity for a talented Molding Technician. Collaborate with others like you to drive innovation and develop best practices in a growing organization.
What will you do?
- Performs daily visual inspection of all large tonnage molding machines and makes a written list of the machines requiring service or problem solving.
- Participates in technical and mechanical work that is required to keep the machines operating until optimum cycles and acceptable quality have been achieved.
- Performs mechanical work on machines or mold parts to assemble and disassemble parts.
- Responds to problems by performing corrective technical or mechanical solutions.
- Communicates with Quality Control on daily quality issues and performs quality control checking of product by manipulating and visually inspecting random parts.
- As necessary, pulls molds for service and sets up molds to run in molding machines. Reports any machine and tooling issues to supervisor.
- Completes daily paperwork such as a Status Change forms and Production Request forms.
- Follows established procedures to maintain production such as maneuvering large boxes filled with varying amounts of product and maneuvering wooden pallets into place underneath them.
- Assists material handlers, at times, by transporting raw plastic material bags or raw plastic material obtained from gaylords in buckets or boxes and placing it into a hopper positioned on top of the machines.
- Assists and participates in special projects which may include taking inventory, organizing items on shelves or special cleaning projects requiring removal of parts by accessing a ladder.
- Other duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years related experience preferred.
- Physical Demands: Heavy Work – Lifting up to 100lbs
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to bend at the waist to access parts, toolbox or to pick up debris or a pallet, from 5 to 65 degrees on each occurrence.
- Ability to kneel, crouch or squat, and climb as necessary to perform job duties and to access the upper areas of machines.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.