Req Id 87817
Department MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
Shift Hours Worked 6.00
Work Schedule GENERAL UNION 05
Employee Status A6 - Part-Time (less than 975 hours per year)
Union 05 - SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE
Material Handling Associate I has the responsibility of stocking and delivering supplies to all hospital departments. This function is accomplished with the use of par-level stocking and individual department requisitions. This position requires good customer service skills.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Answers telephone in a pleasant and courteous manner within three rings, identifying self and department, controls frustration with customers as observed by Manager.
- Handles telephone supply requests from calling department in a timely and courteous manner as observed by Manager.
- Directs calls to or takes message for the appropriate individual if unable to answer the question of the caller. This is done in a timely manner as to satisfy the caller's needs.
- Accurately maintains par-level locations with adequate supplies as determined by the individual needs of the department contract the Supervisor of any changes that need to be made (i.e., increases or decreases of certain items).
- Ensures all par-levels are arranged in an orderly manner, rotating supplies so no outdates occur. Adjusts quantity of par-level supplies as needs of the department change. Identifies possible outdates to be used in other parts of the facility or returned for credit.
- Assists personnel from all hospital departments in a courteous manner when dispensing supplies or answering questions related to ordering of supplies. If unable to answer questions, seeks information out.
- Ensures that supplies located in the stockroom are rotated as current orders are received (first in, first out).
- Exhibits knowledge of all supplies being dispensed from the stockroom.
- Assists the Inventory Control Clerk with cycle counts on a monthly basis as directed by Manager
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Organizational skills with the ability to work within a designed time frame.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.