Sr Product Designer
About the Job
Major League Baseball is on a multi-year mission to reimagine the fan experience. We believe the opportunity ahead of us requires skills in understanding people, thoughtful consideration of every aspect of the fan experience, and cranking up delight for every touchpoint-in short, design. That's where you come in.
The Design team at MLB works across the entire fan journey - from primary research with the fans and clubs, brand creative, in-park experiences, websites, apps, games, streaming and interactive products. We take pride in designing delightful fan focused experiences to give frictionless access to the sport. Paying attention to the trends shaping sports and media, while constantly raising the bar on entertainment and delight for every aspect of the MLB experience. We do this through the practice of a fan focused approach to product design, investing in design systems and content tooling, UX writing, and design research.
We are looking for a variety of roles in product design to help shape the future vision and deliver engaging fan experiences across every touch point of the fan journey. From going to a game, experiencing it live or through digital gaming we touch it all. Although we all have focus on specific things the boundaries between teams are permeable, so you can certainly expect to collaborate with other designers on a broad set of design challenges that don't fall neatly into the Product Design category.
- Focus on one of our core product areas (Web and App, Venue, TV or gaming)
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the engineering, product, and project teams on feature development.
- Conduct your own and collaborate with user research to support foundational and iterative research for your designs.
- Team up with the design systems team to design, improve and expand the central product design system.
- Actively participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with design and product area leadership.
We are looking for designers across our entire portfolio of products:
- MLB apps and website.
- MLB ticketing and ballpark experiences.
- MLB.tv and connected Devices.
- MLB Design systems - product and content design language systems.
- MLB Content Publishing tooling.
You may be a good fit if you:
- Have 5+ experience designing consumer or gaming media products.
- Are a product designer that can go from idea to final pixels with the help of a solid design system. You may have a depth in UX or visual design, but are skilled enough to do both in a pinch.
- Are user and detail obsessed. You have great ideas but more importantly push through to make sure they are realized by ensuring all the details are thought through.
- Crave feedback to make your work better. Have demonstrated experience working with insights (both qual and quant) into design decisions.
- Are good at describing the "why" behind your design decisions and showing work to a varied set of stakeholders.
- Have a show, don't tell approach. Your first instinct is to prototype/visualize things to help push the work forward.
- Are a systems thinker - you understand how your work connects into the larger system.
- Have a team first mentality - looking to learn from and teach others.
- 6+ years in digital product design.
- 1+ experience in designing mobile, web or TV apps.
- Strong portfolio of shipped products that show a data-influenced decision making.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal and presentation skills
Please have prepared
- Your LinkedIn profile or resume
- Link to your portfolio
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of growth, teamwork, and professionalism. Employees who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify problems and provide solutions, and always put the Team first. For those ready to step up to the plate and join the Major Leagues, MLB takes the same approach as teams do with their players: empowering our "workforce athletes" to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are passionate about growing America's pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB's vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment. With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!