Software Engineer - Sporty Bot
About the Job
The Software Engineer position is responsible for creating the code powering the baseball experience for fans and Ball Clubs. You'll be joining the Sports Emmy-nominated team behind Sporty Bot and Film Room .
This role offers the opportunity to collaborate with other world-class engineers, product developers, and designers; contribute to award-winning and complex apps and systems; influence the innovation of products used by millions globally; support all 30 MLB clubs and work in a highly collaborative, results-oriented, team environment.
Using cutting edge technology, our software is consumed by fans, broadcasters, stadiums, MLB Clubs and the League itself. We are looking for Software Engineers that are passionate about building new technologies for the baseball industry.
- Design, maintain, and tunehigh-performance code to ensure optimal response time
- Write clean, concise, modular code that is easily testable and scalable
- Participate in an agile environment
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle (Requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance)
- Perform code reviews
- Mentor earlier career team members
- 3+ years experience working in software development
- Backend: Java/Spring, Python, Postgres, GraphQL, Redis, Elastic Search
- Front End: React/Mobx/Material UI (or comparable modern framework experience)
- Ability to work independently
Nice to Haves
- Baseball Fan
- Distributed and/or Event Driven Systems Knowledge
- Understanding of Modern Video formats
- Experience working with K8s and Google Cloud
- Terraform and/or Infrastructure as Code experience
- Experience with GraphQL and data federation
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of growth, teamwork, and professionalism. Employees who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify problems and provide solutions, and always put the Team first. For those ready to step up to the plate and join the Major Leagues, MLB takes the same approach as teams do with their players: empowering our "workforce athletes" to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are passionate about growing America's pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB's vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment. With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!