About the Job
POSITION SUMMARY: The Partner Manager plays a crucial role in the product and partner management team working with various internal and external resources on the implementation of goals in the assigned product area(s). The Partner Manager will be responsible for onboarding and support of vendors and third party developers that integrate with Tickets.com and/or the MLB Ballpark app. In addition, the Partner Manager may be assigned product planning and product Requirements for specific features and functionality related to product roadmaps for Tickets.com and/or the MLB Ballpark app involving third party vendors. The position requires a thorough understanding of the ticketing industry, market demands, technology trends, and the competitive field in similar product areas.
- Develop and maintain outstanding relationships with existing partners.
- Assist in the development and operation of the Tickets.com Registered Developer Program ("RDP").
- Assist in the development and operation of the MLB Vendor Framework and Certified Systems Integrator ("CSI") program.
- Assist in the operation and transition of the MLB Web App ("MWA") vendor program.
- Assist in the setup and operation of the Partner Portal to support the RDP, CSI, and MWA programs, including the ongoing operation of 'API Sandbox' environments.
- Provide technical coordination and support of current and new vendor partners, including consulting services and/or the coordination of these activities with other resources within Tickets.com and/or MLB.
- Understand technology and industry trends and assess viability for use in Tickets.com and MLB products, specifically in these areas:
- Familiarity with mobile app standards and backend ticketing platforms;
- High-level understanding of API, SDK, and HTML5 implementations in the context of mobile applications;
- Ability to read and understand JSON as well as application logs;
- Knowledge of REST API standards;
- Familiarity with SQL database principles; and
- Familiarity with data feeds & SFTP.
- Contribute to build vs. buy vs. partner evaluation processes, market assessments, and vendor comparative analyses in key functionality areas.
- Act as an external-facing point of contact on an as-needed basis for ongoing product partner management needs (e.g., coordination with third party vendors and interaction with MLB Clubs and/or Tickets.com clients).
- Assist, as requested, in the product release planning processes.
- Research and identify Requirements through the interaction with various groups, including. but not limited to:
- Product Management
- Product Development (Software Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Systems Engineering)
- Product Marketing
- External parties, including current Tickets.com clients, prospective Tickets.com clients, MLB Clubs, current vendor partners, and prospective vendor partners
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Deliver and/or coordinate the delivery of various artifacts, most notably Product Requirements Documents (PRDs), including detailed business Requirements, functional Requirements, and related use cases. PRDs are written using standard templates in natural language.
- Coordinate needed design and product implementations with Product Owners, UX Designers, Software Engineers, and other subject matter experts ("SMEs") as necessary to align with the product vision, strategy, and mission, while analyzing various trade-offs with usability and performance needs against constraints, such as available resources, schedule milestones, and competing priorities.
- Coordinate all necessary adjustments to existing PRDs as needed to maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation.
- Ensure the continued adherence to structured product management and software development processes.
- Conduct and participate in product and review meetings.
- Communicate product management status to key stakeholders.
- Track and report key product management metrics.
- Provide guidance and answers to questions from internal resources with regards to product direction and functionality.
- Support the creation of product documentation, including one sheets, sales presentations, capabilities documents, etc.
Position Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a business analyst, technical solutions manager, sales engineer, or in related fields.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required.
- Thorough understanding of the ticketing industry.
- Experience working with mobile apps, software integrations, APIs, SDKs, and data services.
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with agile development processes, preferred.
- Ability to perform well in a distributed work environment.
- Strong relationship-building skills, with experience marshaling resources across an organization and across multiple offices.
- You are organized and capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- You have an interest in or passion for sports & entertainment, performing arts , technology, and innovation.
- You have the ability to improvise and come up with creative solutions.
- You like and empathize with people.
- You bring a positive "can-do" attitude to any challenges.
- You are capable of having difficult conversations with clients & partners.