About the Job
The NOC Technician works closely with both the technology and business aspects of Tickets.com. The NOC serves as the first level triage for a variety of technical issues and works closely with all levels of system support to ensure the effective and proper functioning of all Tickets.com servers, to promote systems health and to fulfill all monitoring Requirements. The NOC technician is responsible for tracking all of his/her work through Service Now, a ticket tracking and tasking system. The person in this position must be able to work under strict deadlines and with various personnel at all levels of the company. Attention to detail is of the utmost importance.
Essential Job Functions:
- • Analyze and solve practical problems and handle conflicts. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals exercising discretion in duties assigned.
- • Performs a variety of routine low level engineering tasks following documented procedures without balking when a degree of creativity is required.
- • Provide technical guidance to internal clients; provide tactical support to external client-facing groups.
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Communication must be thorough, accurate and succinct.
- • Follows direction of Lead NOC Technician(s), Managers and Senior Management as warranted.
- • Comply with all company standards, including documented resolution steps when troubleshooting.
- • Additional duties as assigned by Manager.
Position Requirements :
- • Minimum 1 year of NOC experience required.
- • Working knowledge of Call /Ticket-Tracking Software and system/network monitoring tools.
- • Ability to apply general knowledge of network and computer processes, technologies and systems in support of troubleshooting internal and external client's issues and completing requests.
- • Experience with Web-based applications (implementation, documentation and support process).
- • Ability to work, motivate and pursue independently.
- • Solid analytical, problem-solving, organizational, time-management, follow through and writing/recording skills.
- • Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- • 24/7 monitoring requires a flexible schedule with Weekend and Evening support.
- • Ability to handle sensitive information with a sense of urgency and respect.
- • Ability to work in a team environment: establish and nurture interpersonal relations.
- • Ability to multi-task.
- • Ability to communicate complex technical problems concisely and professionally.
- • Ability to assess the impact of different Systems, Application and Network problems on end-user services.
- • A fundamental grasp of positive customer experience promoting behaviors (phone/written).
Preferred Additional Experience/Skills:
- • Prior Technical Helpdesk experience
- • Technical Degree from accredited institution
- • Basic knowledge of relational database concepts, LINUX/UNIX, Cisco command line interface, SNMP standards, and/or SQL queries.
- • Scripting (PHP, Python, Perl, Bash etc.) skills
- • Experience with any of the following software: Solarwinds' Orion, Nagios, OSSEC, Splunk, Service-Now, Sharepoint, Automation Anywhere, and/or Bomgar.