MLB Advanced Media New York, NY
About the Job
Responsible for conducting confidential and highly sensitive investigations related to players, umpires, and baseball personnel as directed.
MAJOR Responsibilities :
- Investigate allegations related to performance-enhancing substances, domestic violence, sexual assault, gambling, off-field misconduct, and other violations of baseball rules and policies
- Conduct witness interviews throughout the United States and internationally
- Write detailed investigative reports, interview summaries, and referrals related to significant investigations
- Assist Clubs with certain internal investigations as directed
- Assist with MLB compliance initiatives as directed
- Liaise with local, state, and federal law enforcement entities on ongoing investigations
- Maintain working relationships with law enforcement and with anti-doping organizations
- Work with MLB analysts to gather and analyze publicly available information
- Provide testimony in internal and external hearings in support of MLB
- Assist with contact tracing and COVID-19 response issues as directed
- Perform related duties as required
- J.D. and a minimum of 3 years' legal experience required
- Fluency in Spanish (oral and written) strongly preferred
- Prosecutorial background preferred
- Strong writing skills required
- Professional demeanor, organized, and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage deliverables with time-sensitive deadlines
- This position is based in New York City but will require significant travel, both domestically and internationally
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of opportunity, collaboration, and professionalism. The professionals who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify and solve problems, put the team first, and work collaboratively. For those who are ready to join the "Major Leagues" of their careers, MLB takes the same approach as they do with their players: striving to empower their own "workforce athletes" to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are ready to step up to the plate and continue transforming America's pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB's vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment.
With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!