Admin Asst, Consumer Products
MLB Advanced Media New York, NY
About the Job
Serve as the CP Department administrative assistant, directly supporting Senior VP of Consumer Products and the rest of the CP department.
- Answering incoming calls for product licensing inquiries and directing to applicable category managers.
- Utilize automated software system to schedule and confirm visitor appointments.
- Main point of contact for internal departments in product ordering and handling purchase orders.
- Sending licensing applications to interested companies.
- Enter large group meeting attendee lists into MyKastle building security system.
- Use automated conference room booking system to reserve rooms.
- Assists with mass mailings to Clubs and licensees.
- Provides general administrative support (filing, invoices, labels, copying) to the department.
- Oversees internal and external season long business ticket requests.
- Assist VIP gifting with account managers. Packing and shipping product.
- Handle Jewel Event invites, ticketing, hotels and hospitality in NYC and on-site where needed.
- Tracking invoices internally.
- Expense reporting and travel management with Travel Agent.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Some college and a minimum of two years of experience in a reception or administrative role.
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service aptitude.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent computer aptitude, including strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of opportunity, collaboration, and professionalism. The professionals who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify and solve problems, put the team first, and work collaboratively. For those who are ready to join the "Major Leagues" of their careers, MLB takes the same approach as they do with their players: striving to empower their own "workforce athletes" to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are ready to step up to the plate and continue transforming America's pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB's vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment.
With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!