Senior Software Development Engineer
About the Job
Mitchell, Genex and Coventry
With Mitchell, Genex and Coventry now one organization, we’ve dramatically expanded our ability to deliver innovative services and technologies to our customers. We’ve also seen career opportunities within our combined organization grow. Each part of our organization helps people recover after a challenging event in their lives.
Mitchell delivers trusted software and services to the property & casualty claims, collision repair and risk management industries with technology-enabled solutions that simplify claims handling, repair processes and pharmacy transactions. Genex helps injured workers return to their jobs in a safe and efficient manner through compassionate case management, reducing health care costs and disability expenses for our customers. Coventry offers the nation’s largest and most diverse set of provider and ancillary networks focused on improving total overall outcomes.
Together, we bring a complete set of proven capabilities for our partners who require more than one-dimensional solutions. We combine innovative technology, insightful analytics and deep expertise to help them reach their ultimate goal—restoring lives.
This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the US.
Full Stack Developer with .NET and React/Redux Experience
Mitchell is embarking on an exciting new chapter in the company’s history that will focus on innovation, continued development of best in class SaaS solutions, and building a robust portfolio of software offerings. As a result, we are expecting significant growth over the course of the next couple of years.
We are actively seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to help build the next generation of our Auto Physical Damage products, and help maintain the existing product line. We are hoping to find a solid full stack C#/.Net engineer who has experience with React/Redux and the desire to learn new technologies. The ideal candidate should have solid experience in SQL, web services, and SaaS. This job description provides a broad overview of the technologies and skills we are looking for.
This is a dynamic software engineering opportunity where you will be focused on developing, designing, and testing complex web based applications. Development will be enhancements, new features, and maintenance, but over the long term will focus on leading new platform development and moving the team toward leading edge technologies.
- Designs, analyzes, develops, codes, debugs, tests and documents programming to satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects.
- Work as part of a Scrum team to deliver technology solutions in an Agile fashion including but not limited to sprint planning, standup calls, and sprint retrospectives.
- Adheres to architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
- Deliver solutions on .Net and RDBMS based technologies.
- Translate functional specifications into working software.
- Assist in third level support of applications once delivered into Production.
- Full Stack engineers will focus on providing development for middle tier to back end utilizing various frameworks versions up to 4.7.
- Full Stack engineers will also have a focus on UI development with the React/Redux technology stack and it's supporting frameworks.
- Understand, define, and develop product requirements; providing development estimates as needed.
- Use test driven development and scaled agile methods to deliver products to client requirements.
- Write technical specifications and test plans as necessary; conduct and assist in unit and integration testing.
- Participate regularly in SCRUM activities and provide mentor-ship to junior members of the team.
- Conduct unit, load, performance, and integration testing.
- 5+ years working within a .NET environment.
- 5+ years working with a modern web UI technology stack. (Angular, React, Vue, etc.)
- Design, development, testing, and deployment of software systems or applications.
- Strong working knowledge of Object-oriented design/programming, n-tier web applications, XML, ASP,ASP.Net and relational databases.
- Strong advocate of a process-driven software development life-cycle.
- Possesses strong organizational skills.
- Excellent analysis, design, writing and communication skills required.
- Experience with SOA principles and practices.
- Familiar with Microsoft technologies and working in an agile environment. Learns to use professional concepts. Strong skills in C# and .NET, SQL, TFS and Git.
- Proficient grammar, sentence structure and written communication skills.
- Exposure to: Unit Testing, SQL Server.
- Database Experience.
- Familiar with automated testing tools like coded UI, Selenium.
- Experience with Ajax, JQuery, JSON, React/Redux, XSLT, CSS, HTML5, and cross browser compatible development.
- Experience developing web services (REST or SOAP) and XML.
- Experience with SOA principles and practices.
- Experience with Microsoft Entity Framework, WCF and MVC.
We’re committed to supporting your ultimate well-being through our total compensation package offerings that support your health, wealth and self. These offerings include Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts / Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and AD&D Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, and an array of resources that encourage a lifetime of healthier living. If you are a Colorado resident, you may request additional information about the compensation for this role by emailing: email@example.com for assistance.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. The Company does not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.