Pulmonary Stepdown RN
About the Job
***Eligible for $20,000 sign-on bonus for offers accepted by 4/31/2022. Payout is in the first paycheck with a 2 year commitment to Mission Health***
Only new hires eligible for sign-on bonus; prior employees have to be separated from Mission for at least 1 year to be re-eligible for sign-on bonus.
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Mission Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Pulmonary Stepdown RN and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
At Mission Hospital we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Pulmonary Stepdown RN opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Provides leadership which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family.
Implements medically prescribed interventions.
- PMPC specializes in vented tracheostomy patients and vent weaning.
- Our unit also cares for Chest tubes, Rescue Bipap, fresh tracheostomies, decortications of the lung, high flow oxygen administration, home vents, cpaps, pulse ox studies, etc.
Nursing on PMPC / PMCU:
- PMPC and PMCU nurses are equipped in several unit specific competencies that uniquely prepare them for easy transition into ICU settings: PMPC manages several drips as well, including heparin, Cardizem, insulin, amiodarone, dopamine, and now taking low dose Precedex drip patients from the ICU.
- 3:1 ratios on the progressive care side and 4:1 on the Medsurg tele side
- Dedicated respiratory therapist and pharmacist that remain on the unit
Team-Based Care model including the Nurses, Physicians, case managers, social workers, pharmacists, house supervisors, PT/OT, and others.
What qualifications you will need:
Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing or enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program and obtain a BSN within 5 years of hire date into RN position. Grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions, or extensions, may be approved by the facility CNO and reported out to the CNO Council members. Each facility will ensure tracking of exemptions should this information be needed. RNs with 10 years or more of experience are exempt.
Preferred Education: Masters in Nursing.
Required License/Certifications: Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON
Certificate: BLS Healthcare Provider
Preferred License/Certifications :National Certification in area of specialty
Required Experience: None
Preferred Experience: One year hospital nursing experience
Mission Hospital, located in Asheville, North Carolina, serves as the regional tertiary and quaternary care facility for Western North Carolina and the adjoining region. Mission Hospital is licensed for 815 beds and is the region's only Level II trauma center, comprehensive stroke center, Level III neonatal intensive care unit, and includes the only children's hospital in Western North Carolina. Mission Hospital is a Magnet® designated hospital for nursing excellence and is nationally recognized for its quality of care and patient safety.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Pulmonary Stepdown RN opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.