Patient Care Technician - Infusion
About the Job
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus as follows:
$1,000 for FT day shift
Sign on bonuses requires a commitment of two years of employment with HCA.
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Patient Care Technician - Infusion with Mission Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Mission Hospital, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Mission Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Patient Care Technician - Infusion to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the PCT’s skills/training and the needs of the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The PCT complies with all hospital policies/procedures and observes the State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed personnel.
What you will do in this role:
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, intake and output, calorie counts, and other patient information as outlined by policy.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers, crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges. Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and timely transfer of specimen.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Serves as Monitor/Telemetry Tech for the unit as needed.
- Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance the patient experience, including SAFETY rounding, communication fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- High School Graduate / GED
Mission Hospital, located in Asheville, North Carolina, serves as the regional tertiary and quaternary care facility for Western North Carolina and the adjoining region. Mission Hospital is licensed for 815 beds and is the region's only Level II trauma center, comprehensive stroke center, Level III neonatal intensive care unit, and includes the only children's hospital in Western North Carolina. Mission Hospital is a designated hospital for nursing excellence and is nationally recognized for its quality of care and patient safety.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Patient Care Technician - Infusion opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.