Microbiology Technical Officer - 12 month fixed term contract
About the Job
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Due to ongoing expansion of our Swindon site, we are currently recruiting for a Microbiology Technical Officer on a 12 month fixed term basis.
This newly created role will carry out key scientific and technical tasks within the Microbiology Quality Control Department, to ensure optimum performance of the department.
To plan and execute validation protocols on agreed timelines, as required.
- To complete validation documents and reports following GDP. This includes sampling, testing of utilities, cleanroom monitoring and water systems.
- To perform routine laboratory procedures; support colleagues within the sections.
- To support the departmental investigations.
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with departmental procedures and cGMP.
- To ensure that all testing lead times are complied with, subject to there being no attenuating circumstances.
- To record and review analytical and laboratory data within the department for accuracy, completeness and compliance with documented procedures.
- Compliance with all EH&S requirements.
- Degree in Microbiology or Biological Sciences with microbiology or a closely related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate good Pharmaceutical Microbiology experience within a commercial environment, ideally with some experience in environmental monitoring and utilities.
- Ability to work to critical timelines.
- Effective communication skills at all internal levels.
- Good reviewing and documentation skills.