MFG Equipment Maintenance Supervisor - Day Shift
About the Job
How will you make an impact?This is a equipment maintenance supervisor position on a 2-2-3 day shift in the Steriles building on the Greenville NC Thermofisher site. Supervises and coordinates the activities of the maintenance personnel who perform preventive and repair maintenance to equipment and systems. Ensures that all maintenance services and installations are carried out in a thorough and cost effective manner. Emphasises on minimizing production equipment downtime, that all safety procedures are followed and regulatory compliance is maintained. Ensures compliance with state, federal, and local regulatory agency codes and adherence to company rules and regulations.
What will you do?
- Provides leadership to assigned staff by performing the following: leading organizational change; developing and empowering staff; cultivating relationships; putting staff in a position to succeed, meeting their personal career goals while also achieving organizational goals; building effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best.
- Supervises maintenance staff to perform preventive and repair maintenance and ensure all work complies with all regulatory requirements and expectations. Supervises staff to complete daily assignments per established schedule, work orders are closed promptly for completed work and appropriate time reporting is documented for work performed. Supervises and promotes employees to work in a safe and responsible manner in order to create an injury-free and incident-free work place.
- Monitors training requirements to ensure appropriate training to staff is available, training plans are in place, and training requirements are completed per schedule.
- Uses available resources to effectively plan, develop monthly, weekly and daily schedules, control break-in assignments and revises daily schedules to meet operating needs based on priority of work assignments.
- Communicates with production planners, supervisors and management the planned monthly, weekly and daily maintenance work schedules to minimize production equipment downtime.
- Ensures that established standards, including timeliness and quality are met. Takes direct action to correct deviations and report variances and exceptions and follow-up on corrective action.
- Responds to regulatory and customer audits as system matter experts in field of expertise.
- Monitors total work order backlog, schedule work assignments based on priorities and minimize delinquent regulatory work orders.
- Develops annual and semi-annual performance plans for employees, monitor and provide feedback on employee performance, attendance and compliance with company policies.
- Reviews weekly work order schedule performance by monitoring attainment, break-ins and utilization. Takes corrective actions to improve performance.
- Selects vendor and contractor personnel to supplement the maintenance staff to provide special maintenance services or to provide additional daily maintenance resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How will you get there?
- Associate’s degree in a college curriculum with a concentration in mechanical technology or related field is preferred with a minimum of 5 years of practical maintenance experience.
- OR 8 years of practical maintenance experience with 2 years of prior supervisory, group lead experience or other people supervisory experience (directing people and activities).
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Demonstrated ability to manage and lead technical staff in order to achieve goals, evaluate and resolve complex technical problems. Ability to motivate, energize, and retain key staff by direct interactions with supervisors and staff. Facility knowledge (SME) and supervision of maintenance activities to maintain the facility equipment and systems throughout the facility. Developing schedules that integrate production and maintenance resources that limit the downtime of production equipment and facility systems. Understand, diagnose, and teach others to diagnose equipment and system problems. Proficient in facility maintenance requirements with technical knowledge in electrical, mechanical, piping, HVAC, pneumatics, high pressure boilers, electronics, maintenance planning and scheduling and resource utilization, maintenance inventory control and warehouse operations, preventive maintenance programs and maintenance work order procedures on a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), training development and management of change activities as applicable. Basic knowledge of computer systems and controls. Must be willing to respond to all types of emergencies; and spend overtime hours in monitoring scheduled work. Must be able to plan and organize various projects and large volumes of work. Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills. Self-starter, mature, independent and dependable. Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressure, able to multi-task and is results-oriented. Effective time management and prioritization skills. Requires discretion and independent judgment. Very high degree of interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public, including tact to handle sensitive matters. Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of light to medium weights of 20-50 pounds, occasionally pushing and pulling more than 100 pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time.