RN, Abdominal Transplant Coordinator (TMC)
About the Job
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Collaborates with the physician and healthcare team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process. Provides professional nursing care to patients, including conducting nursing assessments, assisting with exams and treatment, patient education, and maintenance of medical records. MHHS hires RNs based on years of experience groupings (i.e. newly licensed RN [working under the supervision of RN clinical preceptor], less than 1 year, 1-3 years, 3 to 10 and 10+).
WE ARE SEEKING AN EXPERIENCED CRITICAL CARE RN WITH TWO OR MORE YEARS OF TRANSPLANT COORDINATOR EXPERIENCE; PREFER SOLID ICU EXPERIENCE AND TRANSPLANT CERTIFICATION. MUST HAVE BSN.
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- RN I < 1 year
- RN II = 1-3 years
- RN III = 3-10 years
- RN IV = 10+ years
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care.
- Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.