Medical Assistant - MHMG Southwest Primary Care
About the Job
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position responsible for performing direct and indirect patient care as outlined in the Skills Inventory, under the direct or indirect supervision of a Physician.
**One year of Primary Care experience preferred.
**Bilingual candidates preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required; and Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or
- Eligible for certification by either the American Medical Technologist (AMT) or
- The American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or
- National Health career Association (NHA) or National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP) required.
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) or a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) or
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) required within 12 months of hire; and Current American Heart Association BLS/CPR certification within 30 days of hire.
- Maintains required credentials.