Technician I - Pharmacy: Pharmacy
About the Job
Provides distributive service for pharmacy department, serves as mentor for Technician students, and assists to ensure proper drug storage and maintenance to meet regulatory compliance.
• Maintains and supports medication distribution systems and distribution channels, including automated dispensing cabinets and unit dose systems.
• Prepares, fills, receives, delivers stocks and restocks medication inventory for the pharmacy department and drug storage areas.
• Process medication charges/credits when applicable.
• Assists with customer service and patient needs, including answering telephones, managing work queues and completing medication histories.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• MEDICATION SAFETY: Utilizes processes and techniques to promote medication safety.
• MEDICATION DISPENSING: Follows defined policies and procedures when dispensing medications.
• AUTOMATED DISPENSING SYSTEMS: Operates pharmacy automated dispensing systems.
• MEDICATION FILLS: Fills medication accurately.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Registered Pharmacy Technician - FL
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: No experience required.
• Bending and Stooping 80.00%
• Climbing 40.00%
• Keyboard Entry 80.00%
• Kneeling 40.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 100.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 100.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Reaching 80.00%
• Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg 60.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
• Running 60.00%
• Sitting 80.00%
• Squatting 80.00%
• Standing 80.00%
• Walking 80.00%
• Audible Speech 80.00%
• Hearing Acuity 80.00%
• Smelling Acuity 60.00%
• Depth Perception 80.00%
• Distinguish Color 80.00%
• Seeing - Far 80.00%
• Seeing - Near 80.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 40.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 40.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 40.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 40.00%
• Cytotoxic Chemicals 60.00%
• Dust 60.00%
• Hazardous Medication 60.00%
• Latex 40.00%
• Computer Monitor 80.00%
• Domestic Animals 40.00%
• Fire Risk 40.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts 80.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects 40.00%
• Potential Electric Shock 40.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault 60.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384 beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in the region.
Memorial Hospital West’s many respected specialty programs include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County’s first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
• Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine named Memorial Hospital West one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals in 2013 and 2014 – and the hospital has been consistently recognized by The Leapfrog Group with an “A” Ranking for Patient Safety.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.