Senior EPIC Billing/Claims Analyst, Full Time, DIO Miramar: Information Technology Admin
About the Job
We are looking for candidates that are certified and familiar with EPIC Resolute Professional Billing, Hospital Billing Claims, and Professional Billing Claims. This position involves integration with many EPIC systems across the revenue cycle.
This position is responsible for administration and work related to Memorial's business or clinical applications. Provides day-to-day management of applications for complex or large applications. Responsible for supporting systems designing, building, testing, debugging and installation.
• Performs complex work for assigned applications including analyzing system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, identifying output requirements, input data acquisition, reporting techniques and structure, and data controls.
• Maintains assigned application through partnership with technical experts, vendors, and technology teams to ensure the application continues to support end-users and to mitigate any functional or operational issues. Tests and troubleshoots existing and proposed systems in order to resolve and anticipate application issues, but also to verify accuracy and compliance with Memorial procedures.
• Contributes to the planning of application development and deployment, looking at existing information to identify areas for improvement. Independently provides viable resolution to end-user inquiries and problems related to applications, consulting with appropriate vendors where needed.
• Leads vendor selection, data management, and process improvement activities for assigned business application. Contributes to the design and upgrade of systems to ensure up-to-date versions. Provides guidance to vendors on patches and upgrades needed to existing business systems in order to ensure up-to-date and reliable functionality fit for Memorial.
• Researches market and industry data to understand the use and prevalence of specific clinical applications within healthcare systems.
• Partners with other business applications management teams and contractors to identify synergies and opportunities for improvement, and works with vendors to ensure upgrades and configuration changes are maintained and accurate.
• Develops or modifies established processes and procedures, leveraging market and industry research, to support application efficiency and improvement.
• Manages multiple applications projects or serves as a project lead for a application module or system that requires high level of subject matter expertise or certifications related to a specific application
• Maintains advanced knowledge of current operational workflows that are supported through the business or clinical applications.
• Proactively analyzes operational processes and data to identify opportunities and improve existing processes for workflow optimization.
• Serves as a mentor and technical resource for junior analyst to gain expertise on more specialized and complex clinical applications and functions.
• Recognized subject matter expert for assigned clinical application and may manage special projects for applications teams aimed at advancing the customer experience, reporting, and overall work and data flow through the system.
• Generates and analyzes reports for a specific application in order to inform Memorial's decision making process, improve efficiency, and to outline workflow and processes.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• Information Technology
Education equivalent experience:
• Computer Science, or related field. Relevant work experience may substitute for education requirement.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. May require specialized knowledge in a business line.
Required Work Experience: Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
• Bending and Stooping 40.00%
• Climbing 20.00%
• Keyboard Entry 60.00%
• Kneeling 40.00%
• Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 20.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
• Reaching 40.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
• Sitting 60.00%
• Squatting 40.00%
• Standing 60.00%
• Walking 60.00%
• Audible Speech 60.00%
• Hearing Acuity 60.00%
• Depth Perception 60.00%
• Distinguish Color 60.00%
• Seeing - Far 60.00%
• Seeing - Near 60.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 20.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 20.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 20.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 20.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 20.00%
• Cytotoxic Chemicals 20.00%
• Dust 60.00%
• Gas/Vapors/Fumes 20.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals 20.00%
• Hazardous Medication 20.00%
• Latex 20.00%
• Computer Monitor 60.00%
• Domestic Animals 20.00%
• Hazardous Noise 20.00%
• Laser/High Intensity Lights 20.00%
• Magnetic Fields 20.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts 20.00%
• Potential Electric Shock 20.00%
• Radiation 20.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces 20.00%
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.