Retail Sales Associate, Staff Relief, MRH: Essentials @ MRH
About the Job
Receives, stocks, displays, and sells merchandise. Serves as a salesperson and meets departmental sales goals.
• Greets customers and assists with purchase selections.
• Receives payment by cash, credit card, payroll deduction, and debit card and issues receipts, change, credits, or refunds to customers using computerized cash register. Deposits daily sales receipts.
• Assists with the monitoring of inventory and restocking of shelves and displays as needed. Communicates stock needs and transfers with retail leadership .
• Receives, checking and pricing of new merchandise.
• Trains volunteers and new hires.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with various audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Provides excellent service in direct and indirect manner identifying customer needs and fulfilling customer expectations.
• REGISTER OPERATION: Collects payment for products and services.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 1 year of customer service experience.
• Bending and Stooping ; ; ; 80.00%
• Climbing ; ; ; 60.00%
• Keyboard Entry ; ; ; 80.00%
• Kneeling ; ; ; 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Reaching ; ; ; 80.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm ; ; ; 80.00%
• Running ; ; ; 40.00%
• Sitting ; ; ; 60.00%
• Squatting ; ; ; 60.00%
• Standing ; ; ; 80.00%
• Walking ; ; ; 80.00%
• Audible Speech ; ; ; 80.00%
• Hearing Acuity ; ; ; 80.00%
• Depth Perception ; ; ; 80.00%
• Distinguish Color ; ; ; 80.00%
• Seeing - Far ; ; ; 80.00%
• Seeing - Near ; ; ; 80.00%
• Dust ; ; ; 60.00%
• Computer Monitor ; ; ; 80.00%
• Domestic Animals ; ; ; 40.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts ; ; ; 60.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects ; ; ; 60.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault ; ; ; 40.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces ; ; ; 40.00%
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- The Family Birthplace
- Women’s Services
- Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.