Representative II - Patient Care: Hallandale O/P Pharmacy
About the Job
Provides patient centered customer service to internal and external clients. Serves as a point of contact to patients and providers. In addition, acts as a conduit in collecting key patient information and coordinate delivery of care and service, including medication order, refill and delivery or shipping process.
• Communicate effectively in person, over the phone and in writing to provide customer service to the internal and external customer (patient, caregiver, physician, pharmacist) and liaisons between patient and providers for medication needs, including patient information, delivery, storage, supplies, refills, education materials.
• Serve as a liaison between other departments within the pharmacy and the patients.
• Schedule deliveries of medication in a timely manner to ensure compliance with patient's treatment. Track packages with delivery service tools to ensure the patient receives medication in a timely manner and stability is intact.
• Notify clinical staff with any patient side effect and/or request from the patient and caregiver. Notify clinical staff with any patient side effect and/or request from providers, patient or caregiver.
• Collect, document and review all needed information to ensure timely coordination of care.
• Assist with patient intake process and patient assistance activities.
• Performs activities related to pharmacy technician scope of practice.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Registered Pharmacy Technician - FL
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: Minimum 1 year of experience in a Pharmacy or customer service/call center setting.
Memorial Primary Care (formerly known as South Broward Community Health Services) centers are an integral part of Memorial Healthcare System, dedicated to providing high-quality, cost-effective, patient-centered primary care. We have multiple locations throughout south Broward County, and our highly skilled team of healthcare professionals works to meet each patient’s healthcare needs in a friendly and culturally sensitive environment.
Located in Hollywood, West Hollywood and Dania Beach, the centers offer a variety of vital programs which include disease management and pediatric services, as well as Mobile Health Centers for both children and adults.
In addition, we have Memorial Outpatient Center in Hallandale offering high-quality medical and health-related services such as mammography, bone density testing, EKGs, CT scans, Ultrasound, nuclear medicine, an adult day care center and a senior resource center.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.