Medical Technologist - Generalist, Various Locations/Shifts: Talent Acquisition Center
About the Job
Memorial Talent Acquisition team is actively sourcing and screening applications for future placement of this position. We look forward to receiving your application. Currently sourcing for Lab Tech experience for all hospital locations and all shifts. ; ;
Performs laboratory testing of patient specimens in one or more sections of the laboratory. May mentor students and/or new hires.
• Performs examination of specimens. Interprets, documents and reports test results.
• Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
• Serves as a resource to laboratory staff and other clinical staff as needed.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• SPECIMEN HANDLING, ACCESSIONING, AND PROCESSING: Receives, accessions, and processes specimens.
• EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE - LAB: Performs maintenance procedures on equipment and analyzers.
• ACCURACY: Completes work assignments within established quality and/or quantity standards.
• ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
• CLINICAL POLICIES AND STANDARDS: Applies knowledge of clinical standards, policies, and procedures relevant to function and organization.
• Clinical Lab Technologist License - FL
• Clinical Lab Supervisor License - FL
Education equivalent experience:
• As required by Florida state licensure.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: No experience required
• Bending and Stooping ; ; ; 60.00%
• Climbing ; ; ; 40.00%
• Keyboard Entry ; ; ; 60.00%
• Kneeling ; ; ; 20.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 20.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 20.00%
• Reaching ; ; ; 60.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm ; ; ; 60.00%
• Sitting ; ; ; 60.00%
• Squatting ; ; ; 40.00%
• Standing ; ; ; 60.00%
• Walking ; ; ; 60.00%
• Audible Speech ; ; ; 60.00%
• Hearing Acuity ; ; ; 60.00%
• Smelling Acuity ; ; ; 40.00%
• Depth Perception ; ; ; 60.00%
• Distinguish Color ; ; ; 60.00%
• Seeing - Far ; ; ; 60.00%
• Seeing - Near ; ; ; 60.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste ; ; ; 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory ; ; ; 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion ; ; ; 60.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids ; ; ; 60.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens ; ; ; 60.00%
• Dust ; ; ; 40.00%
• Gas/Vapors/Fumes ; ; ; 40.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals ; ; ; 60.00%
• Latex ; ; ; 20.00%
• Computer Monitor ; ; ; 60.00%
• Fire Risk ; ; ; 40.00%
• Hazardous Noise ; ; ; 20.00%
• Heating Devices ; ; ; 60.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts ; ; ; 60.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects ; ; ; 60.00%
• Potential Electric Shock ; ; ; 40.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault ; ; ; 20.00%
• Radiation ; ; ; 40.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces ; ; ; 40.00%
The Talent Acquisition Center (TAC) was established in 2013 as a center of excellence in recruitment for the Memorial Healthcare System. The TAC processes over 190,000 applications and welcomes over 2,400 new employees every year as they come through our doors to begin their new journey.
The Talent Acquisition Center offers:
Talent Acquisition Team to service all of MHS recruitment needs
Screening and interviewing events
Centralized new employee onboarding experience including health screening
Candidate experience is our top priority as we aspire to provide future #teamMHSflorida employees with a sample of what’s to come.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.