CVOR Surgical Technologist- OR, FT-Flex, $10K Sign On Bonus, MRH: Operating Room
About the Job
; ; ;
Facilitates the safe and efficient performance of cardiovascular surgical procedures.
• Prepares surgical operating suite with drapes, solutions, instruments, equipment and supplies. Ensures good working order of equipment and instruments. ;
• Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients. ;
• Passes instruments to physician during surgery. Continually accounts for number and location of instruments and supplies during surgery. ;
• Receives and processes specimens for delivery to the laboratory. ;
• First scrub adult & pediatric complex vascular and cardiovascular procedures including transplants.
• Travels outside the OR suite to assist with placing adult & pediatric patients on ECMO or other mechanical assist device.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct. ;
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• PATIENT SAFETY - NURSING: Complies with and ensures patient safety practices in the clinical setting. ;
• EQUIPMENT STERILIZATION: Receives, sorts, decontaminates, cleans, examines and sterilizes surgical and medical items. ;
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• CLINICAL POLICIES AND STANDARDS: Applies knowledge of clinical standards, policies, and procedures relevant to function and organization.
• Accredited Program
• Surgical Technologist
• BLS Certification
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 1 year experience required.
• Bending and Stooping ; ; ; 80.00%
• Climbing ; ; ; 60.00%
• Keyboard Entry ; ; ; 80.00%
• Kneeling ; ; ; 80.00%
• Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater ; ; ; 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 80.00%
• Reaching ; ; ; 80.00%
• Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg ; ; ; 80.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm ; ; ; 80.00%
• Running ; ; ; 40.00%
• Sitting ; ; ; 80.00%
• Squatting ; ; ; 80.00%
• Standing ; ; ; 80.00%
• Walking ; ; ; 80.00%
• Audible Speech ; ; ; 80.00%
• Hearing Acuity ; ; ; 80.00%
• Smelling Acuity ; ; ; 80.00%
• Depth Perception ; ; ; 80.00%
• Distinguish Color ; ; ; 80.00%
• Seeing - Far ; ; ; 80.00%
• Seeing - Near ; ; ; 80.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste ; ; ; 80.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory ; ; ; 80.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion ; ; ; 80.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids ; ; ; 80.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens ; ; ; 80.00%
• Cytotoxic Chemicals ; ; ; 60.00%
• Dust ; ; ; 60.00%
• Gas/Vapors/Fumes ; ; ; 80.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals ; ; ; 60.00%
• Latex ; ; ; 60.00%
• Computer Monitor ; ; ; 80.00%
• Domestic Animals ; ; ; 60.00%
• Extreme Heat/Cold ; ; ; 60.00%
• Fire Risk ; ; ; 80.00%
• Hazardous Noise ; ; ; 40.00%
• Heating Devices ; ; ; 80.00%
• Laser/High Intensity Lights ; ; ; 80.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts ; ; ; 80.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects ; ; ; 80.00%
• Potential Electric Shock ; ; ; 60.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault ; ; ; 80.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces ; ; ; 80.00%
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- The Family Birthplace
- Women’s Services
- Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Disclaimer: ;This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.