Clinical Licensed Therapist - Adult Psychiatry, PT - Days, MRH: Psychiatry - Adult
About the Job
Provides assessment, planning, counseling, and education services for patients.
• Implements evidence based (i.e. Motivational Interviewing) patient & family counseling and education, case management & safe discharge planning.
• Completes psychosocial evaluations to ascertain patient's psychological, emotional and aftercare needs. Identifies and refers patients to appropriate community resources for follow up care.
• Conducts evidence based group therapy to patients to address psychological, emotional or aftercare needs (i.e. Trauma, Co-occurring disorders, seeking safety, wrap)
• Prepares individualized treatment plans. Updates and discusses patient needs in Multidisciplinary treatment team meetings.
• Initiates Baker Acts if needed. Ensures that all legal paperwork is obtained, processed and completed, and included in patient charts. ( i.e. guardianship, baker-act, firearm laws)
• Supervises interns and students
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• PATIENT ASSESSMENT - BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Uses a variety of tools and techniques to assess and diagnose the behavioral health patient.
• BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TREATMENT PLANNING: Develops individualized plans that define specific behavioral problems and therapeutic interventions with measurable goals.
• BEHAVIORAL HEALTH THERAPY: Provides behavioral health therapy using various modalities.
• ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• CLINICAL POLICIES AND STANDARDS: Applies knowledge of clinical standards, policies, and procedures relevant to function and organization.
• Licensed Mental Health Counselor - FL
• Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - FL
• Psychologist License - FL
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker - FL
Education equivalent experience:
• Psychology or Clinical Social Work or Counseling
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 3 years experience in behavioral health.
• Bending and Stooping 60.00%
• Climbing 40.00%
• Keyboard Entry 60.00%
• Kneeling 40.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
• Reaching 60.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
• Running 40.00%
• Sitting 60.00%
• Squatting 20.00%
• Standing 60.00%
• Walking 60.00%
• Audible Speech 60.00%
• Hearing Acuity 60.00%
• Depth Perception 60.00%
• Distinguish Color 60.00%
• Seeing - Far 60.00%
• Seeing - Near 60.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 40.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 40.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 40.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 40.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 40.00%
• Dust 40.00%
• Latex 40.00%
• Computer Monitor 60.00%
• Domestic Animals 40.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects 20.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault 40.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces 40.00%
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- The Family Birthplace
- Women’s Services
- Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.