Case Manager- Social Worker, Full Time-Days, MRH: Case Management
About the Job
Collaborates with physicians, nurses, and multidisciplinary team members to develop a plan of care for each assigned patient from admission through discharge. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through assessments and evaluations. Assesses and responds to patient/family needs by coordinating efforts of other team members. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient care. NOTE: This is not a Nursing position.
• Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team and consults with nursing staff to regularly evaluate the patient's current and ongoing needs.
• Participates in discharge planning including coordinating patient transfers to other facilities and coordination of community.
• Organizes and facilities care conferences with patients, families, representatives, and other members of the care team.
• Collaborates closely with governmental agencies (such as DCF, APS, CMS, and KePro) to ensure safe post-acute care and
• Works with patients/families to navigate through the healthcare system (post-acute choices, insurance plans, etc.) to coordinate
• Assesses and initiates crisis interventions and baker act if necessary.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
• TEAM WORK: Contributes to fullest potential to achieve team goals.
• DISCHARGE PLANNING CLINICAL EFFECTIVENESS: Plans, implements and manages patient discharges and/or transfers.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• CLINICAL POLICIES AND STANDARDS: Applies knowledge of clinical standards, policies, and procedures relevant to function and organization.
• Social Work - SW
Complexity of Work: This role requires critical thinking skills, effective communication, decisive judgment, and the ability to build and foster positive relationships. The incumbent must be able to lead others and take appropriate action when required.
Required Work Experience: Minimum 1 year experience.
• Bending and Stooping 80.00%
• Keyboard Entry 80.00%
• Kneeling 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Reaching 80.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
• Sitting 80.00%
• Squatting 60.00%
• Standing 80.00%
• Walking 80.00%
• Audible Speech 80.00%
• Hearing Acuity 80.00%
• Depth Perception 80.00%
• Distinguish Color 80.00%
• Seeing - Far 80.00%
• Seeing - Near 80.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 60.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 60.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 60.00%
• Dust 60.00%
• Hazardous Medication 60.00%
• Latex 80.00%
• Computer Monitor 80.00%
• Domestic Animals 40.00%
• Fire Risk 40.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts 60.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault 60.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces 80.00%
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- The Family Birthplace
- Women’s Services
- Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.