As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!This position is responsible for daily production, planning, and management of job assignments. This position is responsible for all aspects of safety and sanitation overseeing our 3rd shift team.
**Position is 3rd shift Monday-Friday 8pm-5am.**
What You'll be Doing:
- Practices 200% safety accountability (self and others).
- Interview, hire, lead and supervise sanitation team members.
- Independently plan and coordinate work to meet daily sanitation goals.
- Train, coach and lead work teams to achieve performance, quality, cost, service and safety goals.
- Ensure our teams ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Record and deliver coaching disciplinary action to team members as necessary.
- Use appropriate reporting to evaluate results for expected improvements.
- Work closely with team members in an effort to improve plant key performance indicators and manufacturing/operational metrics.
- Cultivate a positive and innovative work environment while ensuring adherence to Meijer policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensure all team members are following GMP policies.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree with applicable focus is preferred.
- 1-3 years of leadership experience required.
- Sanitation experience in foods manufacturing preferred.
- Proven analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.