As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Meijer offers an 11-week internship program that challenges interns to deliver innovative solutions to real projects that impact the business. Throughout the course of the internship experience, we deliver diverse personal and professional development opportunities that further develop skillsets that can be implemented both during and after the program. The internship program will allow for interaction with other interns and Meijer senior leaders.
The internship program includes:
- Challenging and impactful projects
- Final presentations delivered to senior executives
- Executive speaker series
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Networking and community events to drive engagement
- Events highlighting key areas of the business
What you will be doing as a Manufacturing Intern:
The projects that will be given to the Manufacturing interns will be focused in key areas of our self-manufacturing organization including, operations, engineering, and product/business development. Past internship projects have included new product development, new business feasibility analysis, process engineering, and continuous improvement (Operations). This internship will be a well-rounded experience that will provide insight and opportunities to collaborate with the entire Supply Chain Organization.
The intern may also get exposure to other activities of the function, including:
- All areas within the Supply Chain and Manufacturing organization (distribution, manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, asset protection, logistics, finance, engineering, and food safety).
- Store operations.
- Progress toward a bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, food science or engineering preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Drive for results - has focus on the bottom line.
- Customer focus - dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers.
- Relationship Skills - can create positive working relationships with customers, team members, leadership, and other internal and external constituencies.
- Communication Skills - conveys the right information in writing and verbally.
- Problem Solving - Probes all fruitful sources for answers and looks beyond the obvious to assemble and interpret data.
Possible career path opportunities:
- Supply Chain Rotational Program
- Distribution/Distribution leader
- Manufacturing Analyst
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Logistics Analyst
- Engineering/Continuous improvement