Sterile Processing Technician
MedStar Washington Hospital Center Washington, DC
About the Job
General Summary of Position:
- Performs decontamination, sterilization, and processing of supplies and equipment used during invasive and non-invasive procedures. May be assigned to different areas of Sterile Processing, focusing on a variety of duties which all require the use of state-of-the-art sterile processing methods and strict adherence to established departmental policies and procedures.
- High school degree or GED diploma is required.
- May require up to l year of technical or other specialized training.
- Requires the ability to read and write; and knowledge of grammar, and arithmetic including fractions and decimals.
- May require the use of standard office/medical equipment (i.e., typewriter, personal computer, data terminal, on-line printer, calculator, telephone, facsimile, copier, sterilizing equipment, blood pressure cuff, or tables); the preparation, comparison or checking of reports, records and related data; and basic use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings and knowledge of their application.
- From 0 to 3 years experience required.
- Registration by the International Association of Central Service & Materials Management (IAHCSMM) and current certification as Sterile Processing Technician (12 CEU's per year).
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.