Nutrition Services Hospitality Assistant
MedStar Washington Hospital Center Washington, DC
About the Job
General Summary of Position:
- Supports the patient meal selection, service, and delivery process. Assists patients with menu selection(s) on assigned unit(s).
- Assembles meal tray carts for patient care units and delivers and retrieves patient meals trays and snacks to patient rooms.
- Provides clerical support to the Hospitality Service Office.
- High school degree or GED diploma is required.
- Requires the ability to read and write and knowledge of grammar, and arithmetic, including fractions and decimals.
- May require the use of standard office/medical equipment (i.e., typewriter, personal computer, data terminal, on-line printer, calculator, telephone, facsimile, copier, sterilizing equipment, blood pressure cuff, OR tables).
- May require the preparation, comparison or checking of reports, records and related data. May require basic use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings and knowledge of their application.
- May require up to l year of technical or other specialized training, including successful completion of a department in-service training program within the first thirty days of employment, including, but not limited to, diet restrictions.
- From six to twelve months experience required, preferably food service within a health care environment.
- None required for this position.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.