MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center Clinton, MD
About the Job
We are recruiting a Runner to assist our Registered Nurses and Certified Nursing Techs with errands in all areas of the hospital.
Duties will include:
- Picks up patient trays from dietary outside of scheduled food delivery.
- Retrieves patient supplies from the storeroom as directed outside of scheduled delivery.
- Brings specimens to the laboratory as directed outside of scheduled laboratory pick up times.
- Picks up non controlled medications from the pharmacy on an as needed basis outside of scheduled pharmacy delivery times. Hands medications directly to patient’s nurse.
- Performs other duties assigned related to running errands for the inpatient nursing units/emergency room/women’s services/procedural areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 months of established work history or volunteer experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Verbal and written communication skills and customer service skills.
- ATTENDANCE: Regular job attendance is an essential job function.
- INDIRECT PATIENT CARE/CONTACT: Exposure to patients, visitors and family members with a variety of physical and psychiatric/mental health conditions. Potential for exposure to contagious diseases, blood and body fluids, chemicals, medicinal preparations, potential ionizing radiation, unpleasant odors, and other conditions common to a clinical environment. Mandatory requirement for use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when indicated per policy. Position may require flexible scheduling, off-shifts, weekend, holiday, on-call and/or overtime hours of work in accordance with department policy or procedures.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.