Delivery Room Tech
About the Job
MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center, located in Clinton, Maryland, is an award winning, acute care hospital focused on caring for patients and their loved ones utilizing advanced technology under the guidance of expert clinicians. Quality, Safety, Wellness, and Patient Satisfaction are achieved through a spirit of patient centered services that connect us to the community we serve. If you believe in patient focused care, excellence, teamwork, and are committed to meeting the needs of our patients and customers, we invite you to join our team!
MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center is actively recruiting for a Delivery Room Technician to join our dedicated Labor and Delivery team! This position provides support on an as needed basis, PRN.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares and assists with obstetric surgical procedures and deliveries under supervision.
• Assist the obstetrical team with procedures and equipment needs throughout the labor process as directed and assists with cleaning and restocking the delivery room after the procedure.
• Works in labor and delivery to assist obstetrical team and performs primarily as a scrub technician.
• Places equipment and supplies in operating room and arranges instruments, according to instructions.
• Assists team members in the placement and positioning of the patient on the table.
• Scrubs arms and hands and aids delivery team in putting on gowns and gloves.
• Assists the physicians with examination and vaginal deliveries.
• Assists Surgeons as a scrub technician using aseptic techniques on Cesarean sections.
• Participates in setting up an obstetrical operating delivery prior to surgery.
• Opens sterile packs and arranges instruments and supplies according to surgical procedures.
• Assists in cleaning and restocking delivery rooms with sterile supplies.
• Conducts daily checks on contents of all oxygen, suction, and electric fetal monitors.
• Ensures that all room are prepared for emergencies.
• Washes and sterilizes equipment, using germicides and sterilizers.
• Assists in keeping records of delivery room activities.
• High School Diploma/GED required. Associates degree preferred
• Maryland Certified Nursing Assistant preferred
• Current CPR
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.