Charge Nurse, PACU/Endoscopy
About the Job
MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center is a full-service acute care facility with more than 49,000 emergency room visits and nearly 12,000 admissions each year. Our hospital's commitment to advanced technology distinguishes it from community hospitals. From its renowned centers of excellence in cardiac care and obstetrics to orthopedics and surgical services, MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center provides uncompromising clinical care.
MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center, Inc. is actively recruiting for an enthusiastic Charge Nurse to join our team! Patient focused care with commitment to customer service, collaboration and team work is a must.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction to the staff on the patient care unit while supporting and actualizing the goals of the department, division, and hospital services.
- Ensures the effective delivery of competent, compassionate, and efficient care by monitoring and evaluating patient care processes and outcomes on the patient unit.
- Recruits and retails competent, compassionate nursing staff while monitoring performance standards and promoting fair labor practices.
- Promotes a work environment that demonstrates accessibility of safe equipment and adequate supplies in an efficiently arranged physical setting.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement and risk management programs at the unit level in a collaborative manner with multi-disciplinary team.
- Monitor fiscal budget to control operational and capital expenditures while monitoring and adjusting staffing patterns to improve unit productivity.
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provide mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Ensures that the competence of all staff members are assessed, maintained, demonstrated and improved continually as directed by the nurse Director on the designated shift.
- Implements staff pattern based on census, acuity, and staff competency to provide safe patient care.
- Required to plan, schedule and assign staff equitably on an ongoing basis.
- Serves as a clinical expert and resource for the nursing staff by acquiring new knowledge and maintaining current clinical competence.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- BSN Degree preferred, Associates Nursing Degree accepted, BSN within 3 years of hire into the position
- Minimum of 3 years of nursing experience in a healthcare environment; OR, PACU experience preferred
- Current Maryland RN State License
- Current BLS-CPR
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.