About the Job
About MedStar Health
Coordinates and supervises the activities of the Hospita lfor a defined period of time to ensure continuity and quality of care.
Must be currently registered as an R.N. in the State of Maryland or Compact State
Graduate of an approved school of nursing
Three (3) years current experience in nursing preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Facilitates, coordinates and supervises the administrative activities of the Hospital during evenings, nights, holidays and weekends, making clinical and administrative decisions, communicating with DL/AOC as needed.
- Utilizes information from established staffing matrix and patient acuity to reassign staff as necessary, to maintain patient safety and quality patient care. Utilizes staffing scheduling system to document and provide adequate staffing. Facilitate nursing staff assignments.
- Interacts with medical staff to resolve patient care problems. Maintains patient confidentiality. Displays a professional and courteous attitude toward patients, visitors and staff.
- Demonstrates complete and thorough knowledge of fire and disaster plans and other related material as outlined in the Administrative Policy Manual and Emergency Plans Manual. Responds to internal emergent situations as defined in Emergency Plans Manual.
- Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts as required.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
- Reports actual and potential problems concerning patients, families, staff and their departments to the appropriate Department Leader. Responds to questions from patient, families and significant others in a prompt, courteous, positive manger, referring them to appropriate personnel if necessary.
- Takes appropriate action in response to community questions and concerns or refers to the correct agency as necessary. Coordinates intra-hospital patient transfers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.