Electrophysiology Cardiovascular Tech
MedStar Health Central Recruiting Washington, DC
About the Job
General Summary of Position:
- Assists physician with routine to complex invasive diagnostic and therapeutic electrophysiology procedures, such as Electrophysiology Studies, Permanent Pacemakers, Bi-Ventricular Implantable Cardioverters, Cardiac Ablations Laser Lead Extractionsandother interventional procedures. Performs a variety of related ancillary support activities, and other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or GED diploma is required, including completion of a Cardiovascular Technologist training program and/or related college level education in basic sciences. May require the use of specialized medical equipment (i.e., EEG, EKG, blood analyzer), or data processing equipment (i.e., tape drives, consoles).
- In cardiovascular or electrophysiology laboratory procedures, particularly as it relates to cardiac and electrophysiology invasive and non-invasiveprocedures is preferred.
- Certified asRegistered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) or Registered Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) with Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) or Registered Technologist in Cardiac-Interventional Radiography (R.T. (R)(CI)) is preferred but must be obtained within one year of employment.Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is required and Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications arerequired upon hire.
- 4 10-hour days (Monday-Friday) / No Holidays / No Weekends / Late shifts assigned on schedule.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.